Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Jem's review of Hunted By Magic by Jasmine Walt


With the sudden disappearance of Iannis, the Chief Mage, Solantha has erupted into pandemonium. Citizens are rioting in the streets, the Mages Guild is on a misguided warpath, and shifters and humans are fleeing the city in droves. Ridden with guilt, Sunaya defies the Mages Guild and goes off in search of Iannis, trekking into dangerous, uncivilized territory to try and make things right. But Sunaya's relationship with Iannis isn't the only thing at stake -- if she doesn't find him soon, the Resistance might just succeed in plunging the Northia Federation into a devastating and bloody civil war.

I'm in love with the series again. Let's just say that this book has found it's way back and is running with the story again as the first book did. It didn't drag at all and kept me entertained through the book, in fact I had to tell my other half to shut up several times as he kept trying to talk to me whilst reading. Note to all non book nerds everywhere, do not talk to someone who is deeply into a book as the reply may not be pretty! I promise I've made it up to him though ;)

I think that Naya has started to grow and mature in this book, I have to admit that I was starting to get a bit irritated with her in Bound by Magic, she was running off on her own, not really working as a team and forgetting some pretty important things. She has redeemed herself in my eyes though & I'm loving her again just as I did in the first book. I also loved that Fenris had a bigger role to play in this book and that learnt his secret, or at least one of them as I think he may have a few more in the Dark cupboard.

Annia also had a much bigger role in this book and I do like her, but my only criticism would be that I'm not loving her yet as I feel that I'm not connecting with her completely. I am hoping though that she still has a big part to play in the next book, and hopefully some of that will be kicking her sisters butt as that really needs to be done.

We're also starting to get somewhere with the feelings between Naya and Iannis, although not completely there yet. There was one very hot scene in this book, which I'm hoping we may see more of in future books. They language also got more colourful in this book, but that doesn't bother me at all, I don't really have the sweetest of tongues myself.

I'm so glad that this series has got its pizzazz back, and will just take the second book as hopefully a very small blip in what is looking to be a great series. I'm looking forward to the next book, I'm just hoping it comes soon, and hopefully it'll be a longer book too.

No comments:

Post a Comment