Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Rena Marks Forgotten Kisses Review


This is book 1 in the supernatural sharing series by Rena Marks. If you're a fan of novels with both vampires & werewolves fighting over the same woman then this may be a book you'll enjoy. All three of us read this book, however I didn't enjoy this book as much as the other two, the best way for me to describe it is that it just was not my cup of tea. It is very difficult to write a review when you do not enjoy a book, however I have and I have tried not to be biased.

Anjelia Romere falls in love with Julian Bax, master vampire of the city. Yet she is pursued relentlessly by prestigious Dr. Leo Freedman, also known as the werewolf king. Happy with Julian, her life is turned upside down when she realizes her vampire betrayed her by erasing her memory of being the wolf queen. 
Already tied for life to the master vampire as his human servant, yet still destined to be the wolf king's mate, Anjelia wonders whom to choose. 
While both offer hot passion and steamy nights, one option is insanity, the other, death.

I have given this book 3 stars because it is not a terrible book, it's just not my cup of tea and I don't want that to put anyone else off reading it.

This is a story of humans, vampires and werewolves. I did feel that there were some of the usual cliques you find in most vampire & werewolf novels however there were also some original and new ideas. It was an interesting story in that humans are aware of the supernatural world, but the majority of people are not fans of them, particularly the vampires. It follows the main character, Leah, and her relationship with the vamps and wolf's which takes some twists & turns

My one criticism about the book was the language used to describe the erotic scenes. They just made me cringe and felt some words could've been left out or things described a different way.

Overall this is not a terrible book, it's just not a story I enjoyed. If you are a fan of vampire & werewolf love stories with some erotica thrown in then I recommend this book for you.

Brittaini:

As Jem mentioned above, we all received this book. And I did enjoy it more than her.

I'm not usually a fan of love triangles, although this one puts a bit of a twist on the classic situations, with the mind wipe, and intruige.

I personally am excited to read book 2 and see where this goes. #TeamLeo. Also, without giving away to much I will gladly sing "Ding, Dong, The bitch is dead"! Whoohooo. Probably one of my favorite parts of the book.

I gave this Book a 4/5 stars. And as stated above my criticism is about the erotic scenes. The language used needs work, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed to see that growth happen in the next book ;).

Peace Love & Happy Reading
Brittaini Over & Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment