Saturday, May 21, 2016

Britt's Review of Elementals: Prophecy of Shadows by Michelle Madow


Howdy doodlie Luvbugs!


I haven't been reading a ton lately as real life has gotten all complicated! But, our very own JemDazzle motivated me to read Michelle Meadows Elementals Series :).

I'm part of an amazing Facebook group called Myth 101, full of AMAZING readers and authors. Michelle happens to be one of them. I've had her book for awhile and have been intrigued just as long; there's just not enough time in life to read all the books I want too. Thankfully, I made time because this book was awesome.

I've often seen Michelle describe her writing as "fast". And it's true, it's a solid, well written fast paced story. I feel that the time spent on character building and imagery is perfect. You forge a connection to each character, and really get to know them.

" Witches are real. They're descendants of the Greek gods.

Nicole Cassidy is a witch descended from the Greek gods... but she doesn't know it until she moves to a new town and discovers a dangerous world of magic and monsters that she never knew existed.

When the Olympian Comet shoots through the sky for the first time in three thousand years, Nicole and four others -- including mysterious bad-boy Blake -- are gifted with elemental powers. But the comet has another effect -- it opens the portal to another dimension that has imprisoned the Titans for centuries. After an ancient monster escapes, it's up to Nicole and the others to follow a cryptic prophecy in time to save the town... and possibly the world."

The story flows well, and any time jumps in the plot are perfectly placed. Writing unnecessary filler would have completely ruined the way this book is written. I love Michelle's take on the mythology of demi gods, and the dilution of blood creating witches as it gets weaker. It's a fresh spin, with traditional history; a blend of amazing proportions <3. 

I'm in a hurry to get to Amazon and buy book 2, so let's get on with the details, eh? If you don't want spoilers, your best bet is just to take what I've already said and go buy the book. The rest of this review isn't for you ;).

I compared this books romance sections a lot to the romance in the Dragonian Series. Well at least in the beginning. And, not because both male leads are named Blake >.< the fact that Blake has a girlfriend, and she's a T total bitch. That Nicole is the shiny new girl in town and turns out to be special. That both Blake's are bad boys with good hidden beneath their outward reputations. 

The similarities don't bother me. I loved both stories, and they were told differently enough to establish a completely different train of thought in the Authors :D!

Blake seriously needs to shit or get off the pot. Don't say you plan to do something and then wait.. Ugh! I could kick his perfectly scultpted ass. (No Michelle doesn't provide pictures.. I just imagine it would be amazing!) But other than his avoidance to do what he knows he has to, he's an amazing male lead :). They all have to have at least one flaw right? His girlfriend doesn't get a name.. She is here to for known as Crotch-cricket. Anyways she's spiteful, and definitely enjoying being on the wrong path. Michelle done a good job of writing a bitch you love to hate.

Our heroine Nicole goes through some crazy amazing things, and takes them on the chin & keeps on trudging. Ya know what I mean? She's got the resilience, and the open mind not to break. She's stronger then she knows.

I have my theories about their Professor. He just has a shady undertone to me. My heart was screaming for Nicole to take the book of shadows home with her. I was so disappointed when it was left with Darius.

Anyways like I said.. Drooling for Book 2 so keep your eyes open to see what I think tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment