Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Last Stand by Rachel E. Carter Teaser


Alright lovelies, no one has EVER seen this, For all of you who joined, this is your teaser for LAST STAND (unedited in all it's raw glory):

********************************
I ducked my head, avoiding his gaze as the mage stepped past me to come face-to-face with his former adversary.

For a moment there was no sound. A quill could have dropped to the floor and it would have made more noise than the two young men in front of me. I shut the chamber door and the thud of heavy wood slamming against stone was enough to break the silence.

“Your highness.”

Darren raised a brow. “After all these years, you finally use the title.”

Ian managed a slight grin. “‘Darren,’ it is.”

“I would say it’s good to see you.” Darren paused and his eyes danced wickedly, “But we both know that would be a lie.”

“And I would never want you to lie.” Ian folded his arms and leaned against the wall, his grin widening. “Let me guess, you think I’m a rebel?”

“Hardly.” The prince gave the mage a smirk. “Ian the villain? That would make my job too easy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment