Thursday, March 10, 2016

T's - Unleash the Storm Review - 3 out of 5 stars


I really really wanted to love this book. But I couldn't.

Piper, Ash, and Lyre continue their journey to save the Dragonian's, save the underworld from the destruction of Samuel and save earth from an all-out daemon war.It started out fairly slow and we to the learn more about the history of the Draconians and the Taroth line. I liked how we got to meet new characters and get some fresh faces in the story.

Now I hate to bash a book but I'm going to have to. Piper drove me crazy. Shep kept whining about 50% of the book about where she is going to do, does Ash want her around, her world is different than Ash's so they can never be together, blah blah blah. Half the time I wanted to the book and not read it anymore but I wanted to see how it was going to end and Lyre saved the book for me (such a cutie and deadly) Piper has little character growth and I was really disappointed with her as a character, 

Ash he grew as a character but was really closed off as always. He needed to protect his people and the ones her loved. There was a scene between Ash and Piper that made my heart melt. "I don't belong to anyone, the only one I want to belong to is you" SWOON. With the events that tool place on the book (sorry no spoilers here) I grew to like Ash more and more. He was a power to be rivaled with and a born leader. He kicked some major TUSHY

Lyre, my dear sweet Lyre. The mysteries and secrets that you hold. I loved that you were in the book so much more than the other books. I cant wait to read more about you and see what mysteries you hide from us. You are deadly and oh so smexy, 

The battle scenes were off the hook and well written, I loved the epic battle between Piper, Ash and Samuel. I wish we could have read about the battle on each with Ra, Gains and Samuels army. But at least we got to see the aftermath......sort of.

I did like the scene with Natania and Piper in the end. That was a bittersweet ending and I'm glad it ended the way it did, 

Now here are my biggest issues:
Where is the romance with Ash and Piper. I feel like it severely tanked and there was no character growth. "I love you but I can't be with you, so I'm going to leave you, but I'll come back and visit." "I'll be waiting for you as long as you want me." "Oh I love you to" Happily ever after............snooze fest. I feel bad for writing this review but I need to be honest.

AND what happened with the Consul? Myisis? Caldor? Quinn? Where is Lyre going? Why is Piper being such a pig headed person. I have so many Questions...........I really hope we get a novella or something to wrap up the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment