Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Britts Review: Demon Princess by Kassandra Lynn

Okay so get ready to fall in love with a new author. I received this book for an honest review. Amazon is totally acting up on me, but I've posted one to good reads & now it's time to regale you fine people with with one. Stick around because it was totally worth the exchange and I'm looking forward to seeing a lot more from Kassandra!



Demon Princess:
" With her father gone and her brother missing, Demon Princess Adriana has to assume the throne, temporarily becoming the Demon King"
(I love that her title will still be Demon King.)
"Somehow, Aldric, a mage-in-training, has summoned the princess into the human kingdom. Now trapped, Adriana must hide her identity and escape before she loses her life in the hands of her mortal enemies"

"Summoned"? How? Why? What's the pesky human want!?
What he wants is to treat her like a beast. I could rip through the pages and throat punch the hell out of this kid! But I think that's the point, Kassandra wrote him extremely well if that's the emotion she's trying to instil.

Enter Keldrin. Mage in shinning sweetness.  He's sweet, kind, knowledgeable, honorable, and powerful. AND ...wait for it!! ...HE HAS A DRAGON!! SQUEEE. :3

Enter stage bitch face: Princess Salvene. I won't say to much, because I'm not sure I could stop. Hate her. I'm team Demon Princess, Human Princess is going downnnnn.

So Adri, our female lead is torn from her kingdom to be bonded to a dipshizz mage mentioned above. She puts up a hell of a fight about it to. I liked her instantly. Now if our male lead would've just let her run by, we wouldn't have a story, but it sucks that it's him. Oh well guess you have to introduce him sometime. But on the other hand I'm glad. He treat Adri right which makes him alright in my books!

Now Adri just wants to go home and nothing is going to stop her! But you will have to grab the book to find out how her adventure plays out!
I personally thoroughly enjoyed this book, and immediately requested to be notified of other books . I only wish it were longer! I was really enjoying it to much for it to end. The story is strong, original, and entertaining. It's well written, and dies not drag on.

Also, I lovvvvvve the cover. It leaves a mystery to Adri's looks, allowing you to create your own image in your mind. All the while projecting royalty, and beauty in a darker place.

A small teaser for you below!

" You know I would never do that.”
“I don’t know. I’m vile. I have the blackest soul and foulest intentions.”
“Adri.” He reaches out a hand to cup my face.
I slap his hand away before it touches me.
“I didn’t mean you,” he says.
I press my lips together. “All demons are vile, and I am a demon.” His words hurt and enrage me every time I think about it. A fresh wave of tears wells in my eyes and threatens to leak down. Without meaning to, my voice raises. “I deserve to be chained up and treated like a beast. Someone should throw me into a dungeon right now before I attack your people, and—”

She's getting a Big Ol Shiney 5 stars! Let's keep looking out for the next one and see if she can keep up the awesomeness! No pressure, right? Lol.  Got read this book guys it's worth it!

Peace Love & Happy Reading Ladies and Gents.
And with that I leave you with this:

If you're a dreamer, come in.
If you're a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A Hope-er, A Pray-er, a magic bean buyer...
If your a pretender, come sit by my fire,
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!
Come in!

Brittaini Over & Out!



No comments:

Post a Comment