Friday, March 18, 2016

T's: The Wolf Queen by Kelley Heckart Review


Synopsis: 

A tormented wolf man… A mysterious girl with a terrible secret… 

Alara, a princess from a foreign land, is forced to wed the sorcerer-king Aramon, a power-hungry warlord, who discovers her dark secret and wants to use her to create an invincible army. When she meets Lycaon, she must decide if she should trust the cursed, tormented half-man half-wolf who might be her enemy or her true mate. 

Lycaon, once a great king until he was cursed by Zeus to be a werewolf, is drawn to the mysterious princess. He is torn between helping Alara escape and using her to gain power over those who despise him. 

Secrets abound and old enemies are reunited to battle Aramon before his terrible plan is unleashed. Time is running out as the dark moon approaches. Soon, Arcadia will be overrun with an unstoppable, vicious army unless Aramon can be defeated. To prevent his victory, the cost is high. As Lycaon’s affection for Alara grows, it becomes more difficult for him to decide which to save: Arcadia or her. 

******************************************************

I received this book so I could give it an honest review and help spread the word. I was very intrigued with the book because I have a huge soft spot for fairy tales and Greek mythology. (No spoilers in this review)

I did like the plot line of the story. You have a beauty (Alara) with a huge secret that could destroy the world and falls for a Beast (Lycaon). But what made me like the story more is that he stayed a beast and she still loved him. She loved him for his heart and not his looks.

The story had a lot of twist and turns but it fell flat at the end for me. It seemed to be rushed and the author wasn’t sure which way she was going to go with the story. I thought the book was going to end several times but it seemed to drag at the end. Do not get me wrong I loved the story but this is my only real critic about the book. There are some intimate scenes in the book that are ok, I felt that it didn’t need to be a part of the books, but hey to each there own.

Alara is a head strong girl who only wanted to return to her homeland and get away from her betrothed Aramon. While she runs back to her home, she runs into Lycaon and his band of warriors. Alara struggles with her feelings for Lycaon but as fates decide it they have a connection that keeps bringing them together. She makes some decisions that keep bringing her in danger but she never backs down.

Lycaon is a pain in the neck. You love him and you hate him. He makes some really really dump decisions that made me want to punch him in the face, but what can I say he is a man and I will leave it at that. The more I read the book, the more I began to love him as a character.

If you love Greek mythology and a twist on a Beauty and Beast then you will love this book. I laughed, cried and got angry at times with the book, but I will definitely be reading this book again.


Quotes:

· -“I have never felt the kind of affection I feel for you with anyone. I have no desire to lose you,” he said softly. Still reeling from the pleasure that had engulfed her entire body, she responded in a ragged voice, “I have no desire to lose you either.”

· - “No one really knows how our people were created, but it is believed we were created by the gods and that we carry both dragon and wolf blood in our veins. It is possible my clan carries more dragon blood than wolf blood. Your clan has the purest of wolf blood, which is why your blood is so powerful.”

· - “He will never control what is inside of me.” She straightened her posture in defiance. He smiled faintly. “In a strange way, I admire your fiery spirit.” His expression turned somber. “But you cannot defeat him.” Anger burned inside her, a rising, unwavering flame. “Baloric, when someone tells me I cannot do something, I am more determined to do it.” “Spoken like a true princess of The Golden Wolf Clan,” he said with a wry grin. He strode away from her toward the waterfall.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tiana, Thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to give an honest review. I am off to share it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete