Thursday, March 10, 2016

T's - Reap the Shadows Review

I loved this book!!!! I am biting my nails for more!!!

Annette did an amazing job with this book. Her writing style was a huge improvement and I read this book in one sitting. I couldn’t put it down it was that good. There are so many twist and turns that you don’t know where she tends to go with the book. The moment the book starts Piper has found her father and uncle Caldor and the consulate system has taken a beating along with the consulates themselves and something is obviously going on. Since Piper has been back she has been on search for Seiya and Lyre, whom she believes to have been taken into the Ra embassy as prisoners. Piper has no idea of the harsh reality that Seiya and Lyre face, and Ash makes a timely appearance. From then on there is nothing but non-stop action.

I hate writing bad reviews about good books but I have a few things that drove me crazy about the book.

- First of all WHAT IS WITH Ash and Piper. I hated how we had to wait for Ash to show up and then he was a big ol` ball of daemon pissyness, and we know he loves Piper and he shows all the signs but does he say a word. NO!!!! Ugh I need some romance with these to.

- About 70-80% of the book Piper was indecisive about her feelings for Ash and she whined and complained the whole time. She feels that she is always being rescued and a damsel in distress (when I read the book I didn’t feel that way.) You love the man, but you are so scared about what could happen you panic. She is a kick ass character who will fight for anything but when it comes to love she freaks (I get it she is a teenager and all but come on you told him you loved him)

- feeling that she is always being rescued, we the reader never believe in her helplessness and she is as much made of steel in her character as the series

- Piper told Ash she loved him and it wasn’t once brought up in the book. Except for a hint but Ash halfway through the book but come on! You can’t leave your readers hanging like that. Then they have sex and don’t even admit they like each other. To me there was no romance it was just a one night stand and so many things were left unsaid. And now I have to wait till “Unleash the Storm” to get more answers.

My favorite Quotes:

- “Life is short, there and then gone. Don’t waste it waiting for a solution that might not even exist.”

- “Some problems aren’t fixable, but that doesn’t mean you should stop. That sense that you can’t move forward ... that’s the trap. It’s better to take the best future you can manage with what you have, than to put your life on hold trying to fix everything in the hopes of a perfect future that might never come.”

- “Even if we only have tonight ...” she said, her voice trembling. “Just for tonight, I want to forget about it all and just be with you.” Shadows slid across his eyes, emotions she couldn’t name. His hand curled over the back of her neck, gently pulling her face to his until their lips were almost touching. “Just for tonight,” he whispered, “and for as long as you want me.”

- “Ash told me you threw his tracking spell into the river. Why?” She cringed slightly. “Yeah, that. It’s hard to explain ...” “Try.” The command was firm but his voice was gentle. “I watched him die,” she said, her eyes dropping to the sidewalk. “I saw the daggers go into his chest. I saw him fall over the edge. And I thought that was it. I thought he was dead and that it was my fault. When I found out he was alive, I knew I could never let that happen again. I couldn’t let him die for me—die fighting my battles. It’s not his responsibility to make sure that I survive to the next day.”

This book had me in tears and elation in equal measure. I give it 5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment